Pages

TV - You can actually live without it

Yeah you read right...I have just realized that we can live a life without a TV. A thought unimaginable a few days back. Its very recent that our TV malfunctioned. Now call it laziness or rebellion but I havent gone to get it fixed.

I just realized what a different person I could be without a TV in my life. Talked to my wife and she has no problems as long as I get her PC fixed. Thats going to happen very soon also. But leaving all that I ve realized I spend more 'attentive' quality time with my family, I get a good night's sleep, too good in fact hehe...getting late to work for the last few days....and more importantly I get less lazy for prayers. In fact on most times I am ready for prayers before the time, which is great.

Not that I was someone who would watch just anything on TV, but I had enough of my fixed TV channels to be labeled a TV BUM if I get the time. The last week has showed how the quality of life could be improved.

Even after saying all that, I think I will get the TV fixed cos I have decided I might just sell it off for a TV Tuner box. We need the sports, news and religious channels to stay in touch with the outside world but can do without a TV, I think. We could hook up the TV Tuner card with PC for the same. I dont want to sound like an extremist and deprive my family of a normal life but role of the TV in our lives can definitely be reduced than what it is currently.

Besides that I could use the extra dough saved from the sale of our TV as well.

In fact anybody interested in buying a 21" Flatron, Dawlance TV. Outside warranty but only used for 21 months so it is quite fresh. Been to the workshop only once... hehehe....CONTACT ME...

3 comments:

  1. can u???

    i'd rather not :p
    i have a TV at home.. dont watch it much, since im hardly home.. but its nice to have the background noise :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lived without t.v. without a couple of months,just don't feel like watching it.
    Khair I agree with you,you can do so much without t.v.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mansoor - u can but I got it fixed and back to old routine...sigh cant come out of it....

    @fq - intentional or something like TV problems...?

    ReplyDelete