Pages

The "1 Dollar" Story

Asalam-o-alaikum...

How are you....? Where have you been?

I missed you so much in the times when I needed your prayers. Just the aspect of you looking at me and wishing me to have a happy happy life....I missed that...

I love you for the care and the love you provided me...Where have you been...?

Oh ho Mr. Buttering-Me-All-Over...I have been to America to visit my elder son, I hadn't seen him for so long....

Oh ok...nani can't question that....well as long as it was just a visit I dont mind, dont ever leave me ....again ok.....

Hehe my son also expects my love and affection right?....Acha forget everything, look at this... I brought you something....

You mean from America....?

Yeah yeah.....from America....

Wow!! ....Does it have that America wali khushboo (scent) hehhe....?

But of course .....

Wow!!....Come on let me have it then....plz plz....

Ok here it is...1 dollar for you.....Wow!!....That is so cool Nani....Look mom look what I got from America....1 dollar....thats so cool Umar....hehe...I will save it....and never spend it, it will be in a sort of a dua (prayer) bag for me....hehe....You are such a flatterer Umar....

hehe...So i am....So I am...

So like Umar how much does it cost to study at FAST....Well whatever it is, it is less than 1 dollar...huh? Less than one dollar? Are you crazy....? I am not lying buddy....its less than one dollar...Umar you are crazy... have to say the most confusing things....

Oh Umar first job eh?...and all in this time of job saturation in the market.... 9/11 dude?.....You are lucky man...so how much is the package....well its less than one dollar...huh? Yes dude... its less than one dollar....you are never serious Umar....what is this ONE DOLLAR story.....everything you buy is less than one dollar....you earn less that one dollar also huh? How come...?

Oh Umar lush cell phone yaar....How much?....Nothing much buddy yaar... its less than one dollar....hahaha....yeah right... dont fuss ok no one is stealing it from you....I am very serious my friend....it is less than one dollar....oh please umar...

Hey Umar you bought a new car....yeah I did car financing...oh cool how much did it cost....? Oh less than one dollar....No way!!....I am not lying pal...its less than one dollar....If you dont wanna tell then say you dont ....why are you...creating such a fuss....oh my brother...I am telling as it is...it is actually less than one dollar....FINE ...Thank you that helped hehe....

Now what do I say to them? It is absolutely true ...all of the above is all true .... and the person who gave me that one dollar when I was young is my nani....and this post is a tribute to her love and care....This is still an ongoing cute habit of mine when she asks me what do I want for my birthday or any other moment....I say I havent recieved a dollar for quite some time....have been able to collect 11 notes of $1 each and savour them....knowing that they hold prayers from the deepest of places...of my Nani's heart...

In fact now that I write I remembered my Nani got real sick a few months back and I left 1 of the dollars with her....as a prayer back...so am left with 10 now....that should last a life time right? Hehe...

Love your elders and cherish their prayers....then see what happens in your life...just make them pray for you....Stuck to their feet and beg for prayers.....and see what happens....I am the most satisfied person I ever was....just after reminding myself about this all over again....Alhumdulillah!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean.My nana passed away when ammi when really young,and nani when I was 5.But mashallah my dada and dadima are very much here.
    It's a great feeling having the blessings of your elders.Thery are the treasure chest.
    Totally agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] I have written stuff like the 1 dollar story, I can still do a lot with a 50 million AED. I wonder whether if its even possible in this life. [...]

    ReplyDelete