Pages

HABIT - Putting things on Hold

Putting things on hold has been one of my oldest habits that I do regularly. Umm lemme elaborate a bit to clarify. There is a natural thought process for me that when I get something new umm....for example a new coffee mug (with the lid), I would say I am looking for a job anyway, I will launch this mug with my new job and not use it now. If I have to get me something for example new shoes...I say I ll get them when things are better financially (even though I can afford the shoes now) and when I have a new job...I will buy em.

When it comes to buying a new belt, new clothes, similiar thoughts go through my head.

What does this do? It makes me wait and wait and try to use things more than their actual usable life normally. Shoes become real shaggy until I decide on ok....whether the job comes or not...I need to get new shoes now to make this job look good anyway.

I think it contradicts another natural thought which says "Live life as it is by the minute..." The above habit doesnt let me do that now does it? In a confused state about this... What if the better days never come and am stuck with shaggy stuff all my life?

I also just noticed...I couldnt give any examples of something other than 'Looking for a new job...' even though there are heaps of others ...umm...well arright arright so I am looking for something of a more challenging a job role these days, that is true...Heheh...thats allowed right...? But still there are no another examples to tell....

Does anybody else have a similiar habit?

Stupid post with no head or tail...I just noticed... I guess one can have their off days. At least I didnt start with 'dont know what to write...', or 'havent you noticed that sometimes you are at a loss for words....' hehehe....religious bloggers...recognize this? heheh...

3 comments:

  1. I do think of keeping my stuff for that perfect moment, but something comes in between and to make it perfect (why wait?)i take out the withheld piece and there I go..
    Just another moment made perfect, in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it wasnt for my sis, i wud have a big cabinet full of things that i bought and wanted to use on that perfect special occasion! seems u'r not alone with the habit haha waise bhi, this habit makes me feel more good abt the whole episode and makes it worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @unaiza - yup, similiar attitude has come up with me as well...trying to enjoy life more and more...what if that perfect time never comes?

    @untamed-desires - maybe give a shot at unaiza's advice....I m trying and its working...

    ReplyDelete