Pages

"PAPA! Aap ka phone hay!"

What ringtone do you have? Is it the Nokia Tune? Or a DESI CHEAPOO Indian Filmi Song maybe? hehehe....

Ever since the evolution of CellPhones we have got ringtones. It started as just something that comes with the phone. Practical people just like myself look for simple ringtones, as long as they could hear its ringing or if there is an sms. I basically have set phone profiles which I keep for different places...Outdoor, Office, General and Silent. I also have a Meeting profile and also use it during a seminar i m attending etc. Sounds hectic switching profiles everytime I switch to one of those situations but with shortcut keys and habit, its cool. I dont disturb anyone with my tones and rather just make sure I know it rang or beeped.

Unlike people who make sure everyone knows they have a cellphone with the oddest of tones. Of course that has reduced with the mobile snatchers on the lookout. But still you get to hear the most funny and strangest of ringtones while travelling in a bus.

The one ringtone that made me write this post is what I am going to end this post with as well...hehe...I was travelling in a train yesterday and there it went "PAPA! Aap ka phone hay!". I thought its a cute little daughter cutely telling her father that the phone is ringing but it went again repeated with the same scale and tone and I realized this guy is amazing. He recorded his daughter's voice with the whole sentence and kept it as a ringtone...cute daughter with a cuter DAD. Now thats what I wanna be too...hehe...

Can't wait for Mahnoor to start talking...the first words become the RINGTONE as well...

"BABA! Tahaan jo PHONE AAHAY! " (Sindhi version...)

6 comments:

  1. been there, done that.

    I recorded the exact same message on my father's cell phone and set it as a ringtone. it was priceless to see his reaction when he found out.

    the only difference is that I am not 3 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is this ring tone where someone starts to scream and laugh!

    At times it drives you nuts. But it is my boss, so I have to laugh at it every time.

    While thinking of new and innovative ways of killing him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha thats cute especially cos it kinda catches u unguarded :) the ringtone jalal talks abt it kinda shrieky..theres another one that goes ' hello bhai jaan apka phone hei' and it made me laugh a whole lot the first time. n v did have the cute lil 'bhayya tahaan jo phone aahay' as well... u can also use the personalized ringtone feature when mahnoor's old enough to call her papa from her own cell phone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @umar - hehe...that doesnt sound cute to me at all hehhe...the manly voice...ewww...but I am sure we all remain cute to our parents no matter how old we get...

    @jalal - share that 'WAYS TO KILL YOUR BOSS' document...maybe on your blog...I can bet your readers/fans would increase hehhe....

    @untamed-desires - yup, well...now that I think of it...I dont have that advanced a cell phone to transfer stuff...on it... but maybe I will when she starts TALKING...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwww thats sweet.....and even the most annoying phone calls would be worth having when you hear a voice like that telling you that you have a call....MashAllah....May Allah give your daughter all the happiness in the world...:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. @hera - Aameen...Thanks for the lovely wishes...welcome to my blog...hope to see more of you...here...

    ReplyDelete