Pages

Baba Ki Rani

Baba ki Rani or Baba's Princess where Baba is the name I like being called by my Daughter. That's what this post is about today. I wanted to write this under Motivational Mondays cos I couldn't be more honest when I say that my daughter is the biggest motivation in life at the moment.

On those down days where I feel I have been a failure. Failure can get you down to the doldrums. On those days, just the thought of that 3.5 inch smile... umm... ok no no that's my wife and that requires a whole different post :$.

Anyway, that 2-inch smile of my daughter flashes in my mind and for a while, I can forget all my misery and just think positive. She is my greatest inspiration. The simple question which applies to anything that I do is, why? Why am I doing this? The next that follows is "Who am I doing it for?"

The answer solves all problems for me. The answer gives the answer to all those vague questions.

I think it is very important to have that kind of inspiration as well. I have mentioned in previous posts also how it is so easy to get de-motivated rather than getting motivated again. It is just not natural for us to be motivated and stay that way. We don't take long to start complaining and going back to being ourselves soon.

Hence, the reality is that one can't count on just that great motivational song or that great movie dialogue or UTP's Motivational Mondays :P, to snap out of it and be motivated again.

One needs that special person in his own life, something personalized, for whom all the effort is being put in. It could be your family and then specifically, your child, your parents, your wife, your siblings, a friend in need, Muslim brothers in Gaza, I mean just anybody who could keep you going in the worst of times. Keep that person or people in mind and keep working hard. Cos just like success, the failures that we get in life are temporary as well and they too shall pass.

Here is the song from which today's Post Title was inspired from. The Hindi lyrics follow & you can find the English translation of the same here.

Baba ki rani hoon, aankhon ka paani hoon
Beh jaana hai jise do pal kahaani hoon
Amma ki bitiya hoon, aangan ki mitiya hoon
Tuk tuk nihaare jo pardesi chithiya hoon


Mamta ke aanchal mein jo geet gaaye hain
Baabul ne chhutput jo sapne sajaaye hain
Voh yaad aayenge, gupchup rulaayenge
Doli ke sang mere jab saath jaayenge


Khil khil ke hansna yeh sakhiyon ke baaton pe
Anjaane naamon ki mehndi yeh haathon pe
Jab rang laayegi, rimjhim ghiraayegi
Aankhen ghataaon se boondein giraayengi


Now imagine, my daughter singing that to me. She does really and does a great job at it. Her mom knows how to twist those emotional buds in me and she taught her the song. And if you are that emotional Baba that I tend to be, you would know how it feels. My caterpillar turned 3 years last week. Too fast for me. Too fast. Soon she will become a butterfly and flutter flutter away. I miss her already.

10 comments:

  1. Awww...the video wala guy had this song as the background song during the ruktasi part of my wedding video. Needless to say, my parents both cry every time they watch the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer solves all problems for me.

    Excellent post. I yearn for a daughter...but now she shall have to come into my aangan as a pardesi chidiya.

    Only today I saw a wonderful drama on TV themed similarly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.

    very... yeah vry something. I dont know how to put it in words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post UTP, specially the inspiration part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ordinary girl - very smart video wala...lush push idea...

    @soulberry - betiyan tou hoti hain parayee...

    @Qurrat - hmm...I understand...it took a while for me to put it in words also...but thats the truest way how I feel...

    @Rakesh - thanks...kum kum aatay ho...

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww that was such a wonderful post..as in from a loving father's perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just when I've been missing my dad intensely since the last few days! I think I'll be hearing this song on repeat and getting emotional.

    A big shout out to all the amazing dads and daughters out there :)
    I also like the song yehi tu hai apna pun by jawad ahmad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adaaa baba! cutie baba. Mashallah. Mahnoor is lucky to have a baba like u. lots of duaz:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @mubi - thanks...

    @mayya - its a different bond altogether considering dads will not express as much as the mom's would so the love just piles up inside...and breaks out...some day...

    @ghazal - heheh...CUTIE BABA??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait till she reaches her teenage years. :D

    ReplyDelete