Pages

As Unique As It Gets



Today's post is about us. Yes, its about us people. Humans, homosapians. At the same time, this post is about paying credit to the Creator to making us as unique as it gets. Look around you. Can anybody get this creative?

Every person born in this world is different from someone else born anywhere else in this world. WOW!!

Not considering the people who have passed away, the WIKI current population of the world as of Feb 2009 is 6.76 billion. Every single of them different, unique and special in their own way. Yet again, WOW!!!

So, hopefully you have realized where this post is going. You in yourself are a different person from anybody else in the world. Yes, let me just write it out again. ANYBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD!!!

With that comes a responsibility that we don't often realize. Since it is us, the living beings of this world that make this world function, each one of us comes with a role to play. Our first job to do in this world is to find out that role and then get on with it.

Sometimes, if someone just sits and ponders over happenings in his life and how things just fell together to make an event happen, it is just amazing. If we believe in fate, it becomes even more confusing. But only at the beginning, cos once you think through it, you would realize how amazingly well-scripted this whole play is.

There is much more to say on the topic but I cant find with words. Here is something from Abida Parveen that has always driven my thought on the same topic,

Dhoodo kay agar mulkon mulkon, milnay kay nahi nayaab hain hum

Ta'abeer hay jis kee, hasrat-o-gham, ay hum-nafas woh khwab hain hum




Let me try my hand at a translation. Even if you try to find from country to country, you find someone like me cos I am so unique. I am that dream which will get fulfilled no matter if it takes happiness or sorrow.

Even though the whole ghazal takes it to different routes of thought, I just take this opening line in question and ponder over it. While I try to gather my thoughts, why not think about it as well and share some comments.


2 comments:

  1. I dont think the translation came out quite right of this shair. You took too rosy and optimistic view on this one when actually its quite the opposite.

    Look around in the world, You won't find me as I am rare

    O'friends, I am the dream of which only realization is longing and sorrow

    The dream most likely here being true love. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point taken....my mistake...but sometimes its fun to think some different angle altogether...appreciate your correction...

    ReplyDelete