Pages

How my Coat got Lost...and Found!!!

Continuing from previous week...

Giving a giggle at my hard luck, I dialled the landline number, which went ringing and ringing and no one picks up. Probably an office number and it was pretty late in the night. Just counted the days I had on which I could make a call. I was going to be there 4 days out of which, one a national holiday and 2 weekend days. I couldn't believe how unlucky I was.

I kept trying the landline and hoping someone would pick up but no one did. I was sure this was a landline number and I had to do this on the only working day I had. I could try my luck on the mobile number though right? Just 10 calls at the max right?

One missing digit right? Ok but where did it miss. Was the missing digit the 1st one, the 2nd one...oh boy. Its not 10 calls. Its 10*10*10*10*10*10 and maybe one more 10. Probability has not been my favorite topic honestly. I just knew it was too many calls to make. (Note that disturbing people was not the concern, making calls was)

I think I ll just keep trying the landline number.

Its important to bring in how the woman's thought process works. First to mention, my wife.

My wife said, "What will you wear tomorrow at the wedding?" Ah, typical. I said, is that all you can think. Getting the coat back is more important than attending the marriage all shiny and dressed up. Just pull out any shalwar kameez and I'll be fine. Poor soul, got the rude tone from me at a wrong time.

Then came my mother. Don't call. He must be the head of some mafia gang. If he hasnt called, why are you calling? Mom, probably because he got away with a nice expensive coat and is happy with it. At the cost of what, a few cigarettes & split change? I am going to at least speak to him and find out.

Anyway, I eventually got in touch with someone on the number on the morning of the only working day. It was his son. Oh God, why couldn't it be him only? I was able to confirm the mobile number from him at least and I was thinking, my efforts are not in waste. I called the mobile number, no one picked up.

Kept trying and trying on the mobile number but to no avail. I was looking stupid to myself going crazy over a piece of cloth but it had dear value to me. The 2 Days passed too quickly and my mind still at how I will get my coat back.

It was then when I had given up. I was now travelling back from where I had come from. Still thinking of my beloved coat. I just gave it one more shot at the airport again. This time on my way back, waiting for my flight to board. I just thought, why not give it one more shot. One more try and there...the phone connected...

On the other side was the nicest person I could speak to. Of course that may be a biased opinion, considering I wanted my coat back. I spoke to him, explained to him what had happened (like he didn't know) and asked how we could exchange it back.

Took a time and place where it could be exchanged and asked my brother to get the exchange done. Sigh of relief, a brief one. I couldn't take a full one, until I got my coat back in my hand which I did a few days later and that is when, I was at ease. Me and my coat continue to live happily ever after. I am not going to give my coat away to the stewardess again.

Someone would say, what a loser? Made two blogposts out of it as well. It was a critical moment in my life. This loss could have been big mentally, I know. Am thinking of getting another suit made in order to share the love and hence share the risk of loss as well. I think that is a good idea, don't you?

8 comments:

  1. No would say you're a loser, come on. I'm glad you got reunited with your coat, I like happy endings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read your last week's episode and reached "to be continued" my first reaction was..God! I hope he doesnt get it back :P

    But yeah man, good you got it back :D So you really don't give it to stewardess again?? I never miss that chance, not even when im comfortable with wearing my jacket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The theory of probability did work in your favour ultimately. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay. this calls for a party :D:D *jumping around in joy*

    you are lucky you got it bk
    i lost my cell phone and never got it bk ughh!! :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I'm glad you god it back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @raza - I like happy endings when I am the hero otherwise I can live with it :D

    @anas - evil..thats what u r...EVIL.. Thank God it wasnt u who took my coat !!! There are other ways to converse with the Stewardess my friend...heheh....

    @Sidhusaaheb - ummm did it? Thats not my favorite subject u see...

    @mubi - cell phones a are a different thing... u see there is no size and fitting element in that...mine got pickpocketed as well...way back...in 2006...

    @bbZush - THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ada dear!
    I think now i must make a blogpost regarding how me, baba and saad went to find the mans house and take ur coaat back!!!!
    tariq road ki galliyaaaaaaaannnn....

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ghazalpirzada...Oh absolutely...dont forget to track me back :)

    ReplyDelete