Pages

The Mis-Underestimated President

I couldn't stay put with just one post on G. THush, hence here is one more. I mean he is gone now right. Just one more GREAT trackback, this time from the BBC website, how much more authenticity would anyone want, right?


BBC, with their typical debate on how Americans have spoiled the English language, bring out some of the best grammatical mistakes that Mr. G. THush had done during his press conferences, interviews and other public speaking moments. It is a collection as well with some proof of actual videos.

The best one I like is G. THush on Economics,
"I understand small business growth. I was one." New York Daily News, 19 February, 2000

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it." Reuters, 5 May, 2000

"I do remain confident in Linda. She'll make a fine Labour Secretary. From what I've read in the press accounts, she's perfectly qualified." Austin, Texas, 8 January, 2001

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill." Washington DC, 19 May, 2003



It sometimes surprises me how he spent that much time up there but I guess, taking the punch line from Slumdog Millionaire, "It was written."

2 comments: