Pages

Rumi’s Nuptial Night on Dec. 17, 1273

Darvish has always inspired me. He brings those elements on a blog which always have and will move me. Sufi poetry, Mystic writings and basically things that link me to Allah. In fact, I am in such a mood that when I reach his blog to find something rebellious, even that inspires me to take the opposite direction from that and move towards the right path, even closer to Allah. Hats off to you friend. I guess not many people realize that element of Sufism. Aziz Mian did that to me many times. People call him blasphemous at times but look beyond the obvious and you would realize the eventual impact his words have on the listener.

Anyway, here is Darvish's recent entry Rumi’s Nuptial Night - Dec. 17, 1273 which did it yet again for me. I have not been a book reader somehow even though I would love to. Hence it was the first time that I learnt what was written on Rumi's tombstone.
"When we are dead, seek not our tomb in the earth, but find it in the hearts of men."


That is pretty much my motto in life also. I want to leave with my impression left on this world. There is so much that one can do and not enough time. But that shouldn't stop us from not even trying. Each one of us is here in this world for a reason. Find that reason. Each one of us has something that is different or unique about us. Find that element. That is what you have to use to give back to this world, to leave that unique thumb-print. Something that you would be remembered for.

5 comments:

  1. The problem remains problem until we dont understand it... many of us just keep on running after the world but we never come to know what is the actual motive of our being in this world... may be everyone feels this way but i have felt at each and every step of my life that God needs me to do something and there is some real reason behind it... i tried to run after that but couldnt find it... finally i gave up running and then just let myself to flow with the flow and strangely I have always reached where actually He wants me to be... so its not a complicated thing... we MUST think positive and be positive and the rest will be taken care by Him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's a good resolution in and of itself. Anyway, Happy New Year! May Allah help us all become better this year so that we may enter the eternal Paradise.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. utp:Great thoughts,please read my blog:

    http://dannish-dannish.blogspot.com/2008/12/sell-your-cleverness-and-buy.html

    This one wrote before attending Rumi night!
    May all your dream become reality in 1430/2009,
    a'meen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind words about the Darvish blog :) And Happy New Year to you and your family. May Allah bless you and grant that the year bring ever increasing love and wisdom, which are in reality the same thing. Ameen.

    Ya Haqq!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @afaque - oh yes I totally understand what u mean...we get signs all the time...we just have to find the will to pick up from there...and build on it...

    @amr adel amin - well it is...yes...

    @daanish - oh wow...nice one...

    @irving - Sir, this is the least I could have done...keep up the great work that you are doing...

    ReplyDelete