Pages

Fun with Adsense

Sometimes it can get really funny with Adsense. I am sure people who have it on their websites would know what I am talking about. The question is whether you can REALLY trust the inteligence of Adsense on your blogs or not.

We were first hit by the shock at Mayg & UTP which is by the way the couple's blog with Mayg being my better half. Adsense brought up advertisements for Divorce Lawyers...

I dont remember bringing up any such topic in the post and we ensure that we bring out the lighter side of the married life so that particular topic was completely out of the blue...and quite embarassing just to add.

Wherever you use the word Love you are bound to get a dating or get UAE girls...ewww... ad...

If you write about mobile phones or anything to do with it... you would be getting iPhone mobile covers advertisement from I dunno which company. I remember it has an Italian name.




Let's see what comes up there. I have mentioned some really popular ads so that should confuse the Adsense engine a bit. Hehe... let's see...

Somehow My Sports Blog gets a lot of Citibank for NRI ads. I have no idea how that links up with sports. It works well though on most occasions so not really complaining. In fact I think I am doing ok on the Adsense part considering I have been on and off from the blogosphere. Working hard to increase revenue though... somehow...

Do you have an Adsense story?

12 comments:

  1. There's another program by Google called AdWords which allows users to bid for "keywords", so they can have their ads shown for whatever keywords they choose. So I'm thinking thats probably the reason why we see so many strange ads on your (and other) websites that use AdSense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're showing an advert about Scientology to me. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pages that have multiple topics, list of keywords/tags and much more get odd Ads for sure! However, you can control that all up to some extent by implementing 'section targeting technique' and META tags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a "Free Marriage Astrology" ad, which is asking me to "check out [my] couple chances in this Free Personal Love Reading". Too bad I am single.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On a blog-post that I had written about the first time I was on an aircraft, an adsense ad. that appeared meant to sell spare-parts for an aeroplane! :D

    BTW, I am yet to receive any cheques from Adsense, even as it has been ages since I put the ads up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Google Ads are annoying to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ILLUSION

    It doesn't annoy to those who are earning plenty of money through it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey UTP, you can try using my WordPress plug-in: http://www.axdimensions.com/pixelnotes/category/wordpress/tags-2-meta-generator/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scientology? Free Marriage Astrology? but why?

    I believe people would click those kind of ads. Google adsense does work well most of the times.

    On a serious note, I have sometimes found useful links through advertisements. Of course I can't click on my own as that is against policy but I do if I am on a browsing mode.

    Thanks for the Expert Advice AXDIMENSIONS...welcome to my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @UTP: Before writing anything on blog, you can use google search, and see on right side of the page. I believe that you will get those ads in your post.

    @MySelf: But I am still newbie to this blogging world. I have not implemented any adsense services.

    ReplyDelete
  11. utp... how do i add an adsense bar in the middle of my post. im not gettin any clicks on the sidebar.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. @sid - I use a plugin by Phil Hord called adsense...

    ReplyDelete