Pages

La Makan Mein Ghar - Part One

This is by far in my top list the best piece of Sufi poetry I have read or heard in my short life. Abida Parveen brings life to it with her voice. Since it is so close to my heart, I will be using each verse as a post of mine at different times in the upcoming future. Here is the first,

Hum Ko Yahan dar dar phiraya yaar nay...

La makan mein ghar banaya yaar nay...

Translation/Explanation:

This verse can be taken into both meanings as to that of love of this world in a person or spiritual love of God. I am going to keep it Sufi and talk about love of God.

It is the lover telling the world that my Love of God has made me go from door to door in search of Him. From places to places and I have spent so much time trying to find out how He is, how He looks? What He does? Talk to Him? The secret of the unseen, my curiosity. Moreover, just out of love I want to see my Love, talk to Him. Why have I not been able to find him?

The answer to that question is that He has made His home in a place where I can never go. I am not good enough or I am just not capable enough to go there. What kind of a relationship is this? He created me and then did not make me capable of finding Him. I cannot reach up there.

UTP's Two Cents on the Thought

It is not true that God can't be found. Its only that you have to find Him in the right places. Those who try to search for Him in this way will never find Him. Its our misunderstanding that He is at a place where we can never go. Those lucky people who are able to find God, who find the answer to the question of life....will tell you that God is more closer than we could imagine. He lives within our own presence. Our own self.

4 comments:

  1. I liked the poetry a lot, I dint understand what exactly did La Makaan mean ? Would you please explain me its meaning ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamakan means a place outside this world...an opposite of makaan which means a house, place of living. So the explanation of the use of Lamakaan here is a place unreachable by us. Lamakaan mein ghar banaya....

    P.S. welcome to the blogroll... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lutta Ker Sari Poonji Ghaflat-O-Issyan Ki Daldal Mein
    Sahara Lene Aya Hoon Tere Kaabay Ke Aanchal Mein

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] info By UTP Categories: Poetry and Sufi OK after quite a gap from La Makan Mein Ghar - Part One…here is another verse from [...]

    ReplyDelete