Pages

First Winter in UAE

This is our first winter in UAE. I never thought the desert could get this cold. Other than the fact that its really cold, being sick doesn't help. I have been pretty much on bed-rest for the last few days or so. I get in bed stuffed with clothes. Vest, t-shirt, long-sleeve shirt, sweater and then in a blanket. Cold for a while, cosy next and into sleep. Then wake up in the middle of the night dripping wet. That is also because I would have shot down on the fever degrees, sweating. Taking of the sweater and feeling cold in the wet clothes and back in bed.

Its been different to say the least. I am not used to being sick, Alhumdulillah. And definitely not used to taking medicine at all. This time I have had to take some severe antibiotics as well and been sick for what seems longest period in recent times. I have not been this sick to miss work but its happened this time and 3 days, whoosh. I cant imagine what my boss would be feeling and to wonder that the yearly reviews are near. I am so worried about how this might not wash away my whole year's effort.

I wish best of health to the whole world even to my enemies. May God even keep my enemies away from sickness. Its just worth it. The good news is that the rest helped. I am feeling much better now and raring to go again. Maybe a much needed break is a positive way of looking at it not to mention I was on annual leave a month ago.

I may have mentioned somewhere earlier also that I hate winters. I would rather sweat in the summers and eat mangoes than be dry and cold in the winter. Anything below 15 degrees is severe for me.

Anyway, have to put my act together now. Its been a long break considering my high standards. Have been away from serious blogging also it seems, OK no, I have been posting either here or on mayg & utp so that's OK I guess. Thanks for all the prayers, they worked.

6 comments:

  1. dude...to my horror i found out that ur comments have been spammed in my blog ! :S dunno how that happened i swear! for some odd reason, i checked akismet option just today and i noticed that not only have so many (unknown) bloggers and some hostings taken the liberty of exposing my link (complete with screen shot) with some others passing off my posts as their own.....also discovered that you and Unaiza have been spammed!
    and i was like wondering all along how come u guys leave the rare comment and then disappear?! :S

    oh btw...sorry about the sickness...hope u feel better asap. yeah its also super cold bakc her in pak. even khi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May You get recover up your energies soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope u get well soon.....and for that performance reviews thingy..have faith in Allah(SWT)...hard work pays off sooner or later :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Due to global warming you are feeling freezing temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @psyched - see, thats how you treat your regular visitors...tch tch...
    @aashely - thanks...i m better now...long time no see?
    @fariha - well yeah...I actually thought over that...much relaxed now....
    @syed tayyab - yup so I heard also....weather is severe in most parts of the world...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where I grew up, it was cold six months out of the year (and hot the other six months). Now that I live in an area with less volatile of a climate, I miss the winters. They can be a pain in the neck, but they have a certain charm to them, they really do.

    ReplyDelete