Pages

50 Million Dirhams

I just wanted to write that out to see how big it sounds. OK no wait...let me put it in figures. 50,000,000 AED. WHOOSH!!!!

That's the big number of the day today. Some 25 year old Shaikh in Abu Dhabi bought a NUMBER PLATE...yes guys a NUMBER PLATE....with "1" written on it. Its a fad here, buying unique number plates. The less digits there are, the more expensive it is. 50 million dirhams!!! I just cant get over it.

Just to add, he broke the record of his cousin which was for 25 Million Dirhams spent on a number plate having the No. 5 on it a few months back. Where do they get this money to burn from? Then they raise our rents and make a bit more.

That was an Abu Dhabi record. Just a few weeks back the No.1 plate in Dubai went for 30 Million AED. I thought that was it, nobody could beat that. I was completely proved wrong. I should never estimate the buying power of Shaikhs.

Where I have written stuff like the 1 dollar story, I can still do a lot with a 50 million AED. I wonder whether if its even possible in this life. Hehehe...50,000,000 AED!!! Man...!!!

15 comments:

  1. UTP Ada..i hav this business proposal for u...ahem ahem...I'll get such single number number plates made from Shershah here and courier them to u......then u can sell them there for 50,000,000 AED each or perhaps more.....fifty fifty karainge :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also have a shaikho called ali raza, he can challenge such shaikhs and I hope that he will also buy meaningful stuff not like AE shaiks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. truly mind boggling... a million here and a million there... do these people spend less than a million on anything? I wonder how much they spend on hair cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. huh stupid ppl
    but wen i luk at ma life....i dont feel less of them cuz if i had dat crazy money i wouldnt have gone through what i have now....life taught me so much lik dis

    ppl lik u n me n most of our blog readers dont make such money.... wateve we earn its really important to us....we learn so much frm our life n i think dats wat they r missing out.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw i can b ur third partner if u do accept fariha's proposal
    u to can have 50% n i can've other 50% teek hai
    50-50 rit

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, ohk, am ready to marry a shikh:P
    hahaha, cant stop laughing...how crazy can they get! i hate them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @fariha - hehhe...good idea...but I dont believe in 50-50...90-10 maybe? 90 for me of course...

    @syed tayyab - it depends on whether the Shaikh is in the beginning of the name or the end...thats how the money flows heheh...there is Shaikh Chilli also if you remember hehhe..

    @sid - welcome back...where you blogging these days? I got two addresses...confirm which one should be on my blogroll...

    @umar - double digit millions....single digit millions is a things of the past...

    @khawab - but after learning all the lessons I could still do a lot with 50 Million AED heheh...cant you?

    @aashely - the day is not far...they do import everything...even man power heheh...

    @bbzush - it sure is...did you try converting to PK Ruppee...use 16.7 as conversion rate...oh btw...welcome to the blogroll...

    @ghazal - you mean Shaikh I think...that looked more closed to SIKH and looked scary..please clarify...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's Khaleejis for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah i meant SHAIKH! ofcourse!!!!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wots wrong with many of the arab Muslims..rich and bored people....

    ReplyDelete
  11. 50,000,000 AED for just purchasing a Number Plate, uff... that's too much. Itnay paisay hotay meray pass tu mein pata nahi kitni "Suzuki Mehran lay" leta :P

    Tayyab, BTW I am a gareeb Shaikh! :), so don;t expect me to buy such expensive stuff, i am pretty much happy with my Suzuki Mehran :P

    ReplyDelete