Pages

How SMALL is this world really?

I was just having a talk yesterday with a guy who was one batch junior to me....out of nowhere we were talking about kids and he said how is dad was so emotional about little kids....in fact he got real emotional after he was a Prisoner of War (POW) back in 1971...and I was like...so was my dad...

We went on and on, and finally came to the conclusion that there is a big possibility both our dads were WAR MAtes...heheh....I immediately gave a call to my dad and asked him do you know a certain Mr. AQK and he said...yes that name rings a bell...was he in the navy....yes he was....and I was like WOW!!!

The war was a tough tough time for people like my Grandmother...who didnt know any news about my Dad as to where was he? when would he be back? will he be back?

Hence the POWs spent 2 years together playing bridge, getting close to religion through all the torture...and pain...and also through a tunnel making situation which was eventually unsuccessful because of an internal leak....some people might call that adventure...but I think those people would never want it back there....

Anyway...before I really go off-topic...that guy went on and told me a weird situation of 3 weddings he attended on one night and at every wedding....he met 3 other people ...who were there on all 3 weddings as well...so basically there were 4 people attending 3 weddings that night and at every wedding there would be a new network that connected....

Funny eh? 4 people who knew each other from before on...met on 3 weddings on the same night through different business/family/friends networks....so How small is this world really? Too small I should say....suffocating at times...

No comments:

Post a Comment