Pages

Why does he just lie there...

Umm...why do u just lie there....? Hey get up buddy....come on its me....your best buddy in the world....wanna go out someplace...walking?...I am fresh arent you.....? Hey look at me....I am doing so much now....I am pretty much done with my Masters Degree... amazing right? Hey get up na....please? .....sigh.....I am doing a job also yeah....5 years now...your Umar...little one...working and making a difference....hehe I know you are happy even if you don't smile...even if you dont even change an expression....

Umm...yeah and I have more ambitions and lots to do also....I am gonna make a difference in this world... and I remember what you told me....ITS BETTER to be a better person...always.....I am gonna be that......cool right.....ummm get up na please....just walk with me for a while....

umm...hmm...ummm......HEY its the full moon....hehe you love it dont you....come on dont tell me even a full moon wont get you up....hey you even kept one of your daughters name...on the moon....remember?...Mahtab....remember ?

Remember ...how you told me the values in life by distributing the mango pieces exactly equally amongst us all....hehe...you dont...I DO...I remember everything...oh great one....I remember how you slapped that building guard just because he lied once..... I feel that slap just as i am about to lie....some things are learnt the hard way....

I remember how you taught me how to do things by myself....be independent....do things by your own hand...remember? Hey wake up na...please....umm just for a while....I got so much to tell....I got stories....umm....

Your Umar has grown up so much.....I am married and have a lovely daughter...I named her Mahnoor....as in The light of the MOON...all inspired from you...doesnt that make you get up and hug me? I want to be told how to do my job as a father better....who will tell me?

Hey you taught me how to play cards remember...those long weekend nights we had....endless games....I ve become a cheeta (expert) on cards hehhee....umm...hey....hey you....I am talking to you....umm...pretty please ...Hey I am really really missing you.......umm....

You haven't moved since I passed matric and entered a college and yeah hehe I remember....You told me right when I passed my Matric....that how your job is done...You said ...oh I so remember....you said....NOW I CAN GET A JAMADAR's position which is the lowest paid goverment job...hehe...well I actually got a job much better than that....I got lucky and studied at the best university in Karachi....amazing right?....I am on a good career path...because of you...

Come on get up see me now na....umm...missing...you....what's so good in this stillness haan? Dont you wanna see me? Dont you wanna talk to me? Dont you care anymore? Dont you wanna take an early morning walk hheheh where we get fruits fresh from trees? Don't you? Dont you wanna go to Cantt station and get yogurt....just yogurt...with sugar ...even after the doctor said...NO SUGAR? I ll let you have sugar ;) promise....no one would know....come on grandpa...sigh....I guess you cant help...it...sigh...

Love you Nana Saieen...

Just missing my grandpa today...really bad...he was my mentor....

2 comments:

  1. OMG!

    that was so touching umar! Damn yaar! ur makin me miss my dada now! what ur nana was 4 u, my dada is for me.

    keep loving him! they deserve all that and much much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] can read last year’s post as well if interested. I must say that was much much more emotional than this one. Maybe I am [...]

    ReplyDelete