Pages

Dreams

Contributed by: Mishal Saeed on 25th Aug 2003 at http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/thepointofview

"I have a dream"...a thought provoking statement...like...the subject clicked the most....I just got thinking and it reminded me of a discussion I had with my friends in my early college life..:)

A friend used to ask this...what actually a dream is? or what exactly it is...?, I mean when one says I have a dream..or it will be a dream come true...what does it mean really?

Anything which we desire? or like...anything which is a fantasy n far away from reality? or ...
the ambition of life....? We had a funky discussion I remember...

At that period of time it seems...dreams are all thatwe have....and truthfully....even today I am with the same opinion..:)

Going with the flow....coping up with the theories like survival of the fittest etc...,all materialism, bad expereinces, ... managing the rat race in life....sometimes I wonder ,what actually were the dreams that I had back then?....

We have to be logical about life also but it often creates a monotony...doesn't it?

So we should dream once in a while also...those dreams which we used to dream...and want to dream about but due to any logical reason or for the reason of being too practical we often ignored them...

And again a Dream is a phenonmenon of how one defines it...so people...lets talk of our dreams....

When I say "Take care of your dreams..." where does this line lead you?

Lets share the dreams...How exactly do u take them....to what extent do u believe in them...

Majid Amjad, the famous urdu poet wrote poetry and one of his work is my inspiration...entitled

Hum Khuwab Faroshon Say Koyee Khuwab Khareedey!
(translation: Somebody should buy Dreams from us Dream-Sellers)

Added on to by: Umar Pirzada on 26th Aug 2003 at http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/thepointofview

Khwab wohi pooray karat hain jo unhen dekhat hain....hheheh... (LAGAAN if anyone remembers) meaning Dreams are achieved only by those who see/have them in the first place...no dream means no dream achievement...

Anyway....my dreams have always been a huge part of my life..because...i m a dreamer yes....but the true me the one I want to be is the one who works towards making them reality and with time I feel I am getting to be someone who thinks reality more, who tries to make his dreams close to real or am becoming someone who dreams more real hehehe.....

Dreams always let you move on to a bit away from real life...and its very important to dream... just because it makes you realize the uniqueness of life and monotony stays away....even when there is monotony, its just our perspective of not beinga ble to realize how every moment is different from the.....previous....The Creator is Great....

No comments:

Post a Comment