Pages

Honour

Honour...

A word which has lost its meaning a bit...in this material world around us...

There used to be a time....when ppl would give their lives for honour....as in they would give their life to die with honour than to live with shame....Nowadays we see people running after and making their bosses happy no matter what they have to do....wrong or right and label it as part of the job....

How many people would stand in front of their bosses and tell them I wont do that...as it is against my principles or simply because it is wrong? I dont think the number would be too big...

I am not talking about huge crimes or something and rather am talking little stuff like backbiting and stuff like that which eventually become big....

Anyways...just watched this movie an old one...again...'A Few Good Men', Tom cruise fighting a marine case....and I heard him say a very nice thing at the end....honour doesnt come with uniform....it comes with STANDING UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN....I totally agree....I think sheer satisfaction would only come if you can sleep at night assured that you didnt compromise on what you believe in....

I know that is tough at times but that is the HONOUR part of life....I would say....I hope I die with honour....rather than live in SHAME....

No comments:

Post a Comment