Pages

Google Adsense & Mozilla Firefox

Today I am writing a post to recommend two good Internet products which I find the best in business right now. Mozilla Firefox & Google Adsense.

MOZILLA FIREFOX

When Mozilla Firefox first came out, just like any other normal Internet user, I had my apprehensions. I am one of those people who would never be the first to try something new. I usually like things to settle down a bit and then based on some feedback and reading get on with it.

However, I have just started using Mozilla Firefox with much regularity now and find it much more effective than Microsoft Internet Explorer. It has excellent performance speed-wise and the response is excellent. Added to that are the excellent security features which work in the background to avoid any attempts to compromise on security or anything that could be harmful to the browsing or computer usage experience.

Somehow, Google has proven that whoever they attach themselves, the quality just improves. Take Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, Feedburner, Orkut, Youtube and many more. They are anyway the pioneers in Search Engine technology and are the leading search engine and email service provider in the market. Google means quality and it has surely taken over the Internet world if you talk about competition between them and Microsoft.

This post is to recommend Mozilla Firefox if you haven't tried it already. Its free to download and install. You can notice the difference yourself. I can assure you, you would not be disappointed.



GOOGLE ADSENSE

This is nothing new to veteran bloggers and the way Google has just increased its online advertisement market in the quickest of times is amazing to say the least. I think every 8 out 10 sites I visit have Google Adsense in some way or another. It is simply amazing. It has especially caught up storm in the blogosphere with so many people now writing blogs regularly.

The idea is to get some advertisements on your blog or website so that whatever time you spend maintaining your website or blog becomes worthwhile as well. You can earn on a number of impressions (hits) on your website as well as if somebody clicks on the ads on your website. There are also opportunities for earning on referring some products and also on Google Search.

The best thing I like about it is the ease of use. I am not a web designer by any means but even I could easily do a bit of reading and get started with advertisements on my websites.

The other wonderful part is that Google Adsense only places those ads which are relevant to your website content or your recent posts. It is an amazing engine that goes through the material on the website and shows relevant advertisements only.

If you haven't signed up for Google Adsense already, I would recommend doing so at the first instance. I mean whats the harm in making a buck or two while enjoying blogging as well. All the best.


26 comments:

  1. Firefox rocks.. Google adsense have no real competitor yet and they are doing great.. do you check any other blog monetizing tools yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already a fan of Firefox long time ago..as for Adsense..its been recommended to me from so many people that I'm sure it must be good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adsense is good - I have ads put on my pages too, but the revenue is not much - so its not real cash - but I suppose there is some good to having an ad on your site! Gives my pages a professional look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm addicted to Firefox. Totally. It should be made the universal browser (this will come as a relief to all the web designers!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firefox rocks, period. AdSense came and took over the advertising market, plus they pay on time so that rocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. I love your blog!! Thanks for commenting on mine too.. honored! =D

    Firefox iiiiiis the number 1 browser! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  7. You said it all; Firefox kicks ass!

    As for Google Adsense; its a gradual and slow process. One have to wait months to get a substantial amount.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There ain't any Firefox here :/ "Here" means the office. I wish they had it. Firefox is aweosme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, thanks for the comment. Glad you liked the song. I put all my new stuff on my blog but keep a separate, organized index of all my stuff here: http://amradelamin.googlepages.com/

    Your blog seems pretty cool and I'll definitely add it to my daily, regular reads - all thanks to the awesome RSS reader built-in to firefox :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adsense have not tried but for years I am a fan of everything Google ( stocks included :-P )...even when it was a toddler.

    FireFox...am using it for almost 4 years and I guess that says it all :-)
    Even Opera is not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to see this review as I have been thinking about switching to Firefox for a while now. No more doubts now, just have to go and do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi buddy

    M back

    Nice article about Mozilla Firefox..>In my office we use Firefox itself & its gr8

    Google products really rock!!

    U2 have done a great research

    ReplyDelete
  13. Firefox has it's good points, IE has points of it's own. Right now Firefox is giving me problems, not opening AJAX websites e.g. Hotmail, Orkut, Facebook, etc.

    For a web designer and developer, all browsers are problematic. He has to make his website look the same in all browsers.

    Plus you are using a theme I have used before. Simple and beautiful! And it's cross-browser compatible.

    Have to agree with Ammar, Adsense is only good for websites with many visitors who love to click on ads.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice..techy person huh..
    ders alot to read on ur blog..i hav just gone thru it..
    will read sumtime..
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  15. @jawwad - I am and I have some in my mind...will be posting about them soon...

    @lubz - it is...try...just make an account and put some ads....spend some time reading and you are on the go...

    @nadeen - well you can make more...go and read some AdSense help...they have got great optimization tips...on ad placement etc...

    @hina - it will take time to become universal cos MS does rule most PCs plus the layman user is afraid to try something new....I hope I have been able to change some minds...after this post...

    @raza - absolutely....rock on...

    @lujee - I see that a lot of bloggers like mozilla...too...just like me...

    @ammar - well not really...do some reading on their help and they can get you in on some tips....to make money...ad placement and the right ads make a difference...it takes patience and thinking...I am new at it also but learning...

    @dinkymind - yeah office environment they prefer licensed and with support...MS has there way of dominance...but the real genius definitely google...

    @AmrAdelAmin - hehe...its got everything...IE picked up the tabbed pages idea from it...google is the innovator...

    @Zios - havent tried opera...I m sticking to firefox for now...

    @Solace - just get it and you will notice the difference...

    @Jeminah - thanks for coming and welcome...hope to see you here more often...

    @SAWJ - I wonder why...my wife works great with mozilla...apparently it had great add-ons and plugins for web designers ...

    @joie - techy person? me? heheh...not really...though I like to appear to be...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been on firefox for some three years now, and seriously I am surprised when someone tells me they have not yet got started on it. My love for firefox comes more from hating all that MS has ever had to offer, and slightly less from loving everything that google has ever offered.

    You have a very nice blog - easy on the eyes, and easy to read. Keep them recommendations coming through :)

    Oh and thanks for the comment on my blog too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey apologies for putting the link to my old blog up there - I don't know where that came from - haven't been there in forever myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. No one talks about poor IE. How sad!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it when I see so many Firefox fans. Always makes me feel good.

    And maybe it's just me, but I don't like the way how Google Ads appear on any website. Apparently, Google doesn't give complete control for styling them, and that can make the ads squeezed into the site design look quite ugly at times.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @knicq - thanks for visiting here and since I just revamped the new look...that is good to hear as that is one of the focus points for me as well...the blog should be easy on the eyes...

    @gh - well...it was a difficult switch for me...since MS has been my bread & butter for the early part of my career....but I never came out until recently...and realized...the grass IS greener on the other side...give it shot at Firefox, you wont be dissappointed...

    @saadat - well there are different ways of working on them...and I feel they have done enough to make it work...one has to be a little more creative....keep learning and sharing...heheh...

    ReplyDelete
  21. IE SUCKS

    burn IE !!! take out a rally against IE ... IE is the worst thing microsoft ever made !!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been using the FireFox for a quite a while. I have noticed that it eats up a lot of memory. Check the task manager n u'll notice that it goes up easily to +80,000 K. VM size is even grater. Compare that to Opera, and there is a significant difference.
    There was an article once (can't remember where i read it). It compared the browsers(IE, FIREFOX, OPERA) and came to the conclusion that OPERA is much better performance wise. I tried usin it though but turns out that i'm hooked to firefox (didn't like opera).

    If you come across any fix for the mem issue for firefox, do lemme know.

    ReplyDelete
  23. *take a deep breath*

    hmm... phhh ...
    *relax*


    the comment before this one came from a guy who spent 2 years of his life tweaking CSS and javascripts to make them compatible to IE!

    IE is really broken! it does not follow and standards etc, and Microsoft has been dragging along all the bugs to keep its broken browser backward compatible with the broken browsers that it released in the past !!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wouldn't say that. I tried creating a CSS image rollover effect two years ago. Worked fine on IE but Mozilla messed it up pretty bad.

    Like I said, both have their good points and bad points.

    There are more developers working on MF than IE, therefore it has more facilities available.

    What does your wife do?

    ReplyDelete
  25. @SerialChiller - hehe...one MS hater here for sure...your efforts are all coming from a developer...I as a normal user have seen that the TABBED browsing idea that was pretty much stolen from Mozilla...doesnt work too well...with IE...it just crashes and hangs at the 4th or 5th tab...

    @Saud - with ever decrease in memory prices...its not that much of a worry...in the early days it was yes...but its no longer a worry...I think a good browsing experience is what people want...I got just 1 GB of memory which is a norm now...and enjoy all my work wonderfully on mozilla...

    @SAWJ - well your point taken but somehow more graphic designers use...Mozilla...somehow...and try and make their compatible with IE also...my wife is a graphic designer.... www.mahjabeenumar.com ...

    ReplyDelete
  26. [...] I wrote my post on Google Adsense and Mozilla Firefox, a lot of comments came through asking me if I knew any other good alternates to Adsense. Even [...]

    ReplyDelete