Pages

Getting Famous...

A wise man once said...

"Its not the quotes who make people famous, its the people who make the quotes famous."

That wise man is me, UTP :$

Being a Leo, I was told by people that some of the personality traits that I am born with is Leadership, Curiosity and Dying for the Spotlight. I have always died for the spotlight. Attention seeker is something that has always been attributed to me. Its not the best trait in the world, trust me, cos many a times I have been left embarrassed by my antics.

I mean talk about a guy who wouldn't get off the stage once he got a chance to sing. They had to pull me off. Ah! The university days. There was not a single year when I didn't perform while being there. I wasn't the best singer around but who cares. Spotlight is all what I crave for. After graduating I stayed behind and worked a few years in the university as well. Even performed in those years. I was in love with the stage. I think I still am.

I would chat with strangers, force upon some philosophy. I would not make sense more than make sense (did that make sense?). But the times I did make sense, I made a note of the thought. I would use that thought wherever possible.

I even went and shot a video as a model (imagine, I bet nobody knew about this one!!!). I could never make it through to competition of handsome and hot models on the private Urdu channels so I gave my try at a Sindhi channel. I had actually gone for a singing audition and maybe a little towards acting at max. But the person who was taking the audition immediately realized, that with that Sindhi accent, I would make a joke out of it. So she asked me to do a bit of walking here and there and that's that. In a few days, I was a Music Video model. Now that would have been something that should have been kept under covers until I die but not me. I had to go share the copy of it with almost everybody I deemed appropriate (that is everybody). And no, I am not posting a copy of that video here.

When I entered the blogging world. That was it. I mean what a combination. I could write what I wanted and people can come and read. Imagine. That is the perfect solution for the Leo in me. It has taken quite a few years to become a regular blogger and I am still a long way to become a good one but who cares. I go around reading and commenting on people's blogs and they come back returning and getting a chance to read my lousy hither-thither stuff. I just love networking whether it be business or social. I just love the attention as well as the interaction.

Today, I shared a very important part of me. It was important for me to let this out on my blog. Its not really something I really like about myself. Maybe now that its out and everybody will start criticizing, I will try and improve on this and become the introvert that I was born.

Oh yeah, the quote at the beginning of the post is invented by me. You are free to use it wherever you want, just give me credit. Oh shucks...there I go again.

28 comments:

  1. We're multifaceted, having introvert/extrovert traits in all of us. Your extroverted side is just more amplified and that's great! Don't let anything hold you down, blogging is a wonderful tool for interaction. You write, people comment and conversations/discussions/debates/arguments ensue. I think you're doing great at it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saade Walay Aaya Kar, Yaar Subho Shaam Shaam. What do you mean you bet nobody knew about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. honesty is a good thing, and i find this post quite honest :) and sindhi song? wow - which one? Aj kaaro joro paa muhnji farmaish tay! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, attention seekers can be quite interesting people, cuz not only do they like to talk to people, but they usually have very interesting stories to tell :) Its one thing to draw attention to oneself with nothing to offer but that doesn't appear to be the case with you, so I say keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ill upload that video on youtube :)
    and post the link here :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahah ada...good one! and the sindhi vdo must be up somewhere... am sure the girl who was in that vdo must have uploaded it~
    people much see that green shirt yaar!:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @teedimensionist - cant help be a little blushy after that...but you should know that is an act to get even more...attention...hehe...

    @RazaAli - Ok you are not counted...heheh...

    @Kamran - Hehe...you will not know...Sir...not from me at least...

    @Amir - that is true...I know if ever run out of stories...I will make one up...at run time..heheh...

    @SerialChiller - No you wont...!!!

    @Ghazal - The people can do without seeing that borrowed shirt ok...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kid made up this one:

    a wise man once said something about something else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! a nice post indeed Umar, I like the way you've shaped it up =D nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed with the wise man's statement !

    Trends are changed by famous persons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From one Leo to another ... you're fine the way you are. Hey, thats what makes you YOU ... don't let others tell you otherwise, they're just jealous of the king of star signs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, everyone suffers from Look At Me Syndrome to some extent, but, true, that Leo people really do take it to new heights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You ought to post that video, UTP! And its time you did an audio post too =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahah! I cnat believe you can do all this believing youll succeed:)
    Must have been worth trying though:D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @canopener - heheh...here is another...from one of friends...

    A wise man once said..."A wise man once said..."

    @ammar - thanks mate...I hope you mean the shape of my sidebar etc...It took some work...considering I am nil with graphic design...but I guess..my wife's magic is sprinkling over on me a bit...

    @kamran - I love people who agree...I mean..what a beautiful place this would be if everybody agrees isnt it?

    @raza - heheh...LEOs RULE MAN!!!

    @ordinary girl - creativity ma'am...we just have to be different...

    @hina - audio post...heheh...I m thinking something bigger...will surprise readers in a few days...working on something...keep visiting and be on the lookout for something in the side bar...

    @unaiza - everything is worth trying at least once in life...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is v interesting!
    I come under the leo sign too and am pretty publicity shy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ada.....maakhi video desrni aahai...plz plz plz!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "I even went and shot a video as a model "...
    where is the video dude? :) is that video went on air ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maybe you should audition for the "Planet's Funniest Animals" on Animal Planet! :P

    The stage was never meant for me. Too shy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oye hoye...blogistan mein aisay bhee cheetay hein? ;)

    Awesome! :D Baaqi taareef video dekhney ke baad :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. hehe...I have the exact opposite personality type i.e. introverted or as the first comment states, my introvert side is more amplified. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. @LaVidaLoca - publicity shy? Well I used to be until I broke open in college days...

    @Fariha - in your dreams...

    @Jawwad - it did go on air and it stayed on the charts too...it was a good song....still comes...once in a while ... on a local Sindhi Channel....hehehe....

    @SAWJ - Funniest Animals...well I would be an endangered specie than...if you know what I mean ....

    @DinkyMind - As I said...that is not going to happen....hehe...not on my blog...

    @SidhuSaheb - well...that is even more vulnerable to exploding one day you becoming and extreme extrovert...watch out for that...

    ReplyDelete
  23. @UTP

    Nahi bhaee...I don't get nightmares :P

    ReplyDelete
  24. @fariha - you don't WANT nightmares you mean heheh....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very interesting and funny post! I also used to be that way in school but now I think I tried to to stop myself a little from trying to be in the spotlight. As a Muslim woman, it is not very nice to be always in the center of attention. But sometimes, it just happens. The only problem is when you lie to attract people's attention. This makes people lose respect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. @laila - well Leos dont lie...but they are attention seekers. God gave us enough things to truthfully flaunt and get that attention...

    On a serious note, it is true. It becomes difficult for women who gain too much attention...I feel the beauty of the woman lies behind the veil...the beauty of mystery of the unseen...

    ReplyDelete
  27. [...] in. There is no way better to make a comeback with a big bang. Here it is, the much awaited and much wanted… UTP in a KTN Music [...]

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, I am new.This is my frist thread ...lol.
    say hi to everybody.

    ReplyDelete