Pages

Baba's Little Pwincess is a BIG GIRL now...

Happy Birthday to You....Happy Birthday to You.....Happy Birthday Dear Mahnoor....Happy Birthday to you...May you have many more....May you have many more....May you have many more...DEAR...Happy Birthday to you....

Sigh....Mahnoor turned 1 yesterday....I was happy ALL day yesterday...so happy that took a day off from work...oh yeah it was too special a day to waste even a minute at work...

Mom had come along on urgent basis from Sukker....reached in the middle of the night at 3:00am yesterday....and that added more 'SPECIAL' to the day....my baba couldnt make it....just couldnt...sad but thats life ....

Anyway...somehow Mahnoor also knew....its just my feeling or maybe its the truth that she was a bit extra excited with jumping around and a happy mood all around...she even walks a bit also...and was on her feet by herself roaming around the house from morning....Mashallah....Alhumdulillah...


My idea was to send over invitations to DadaDadi and NanaNani....a special card made just for them...saying...'Daak Babu....Daak Babu....Mera Khat lay jao...Dada Dadi...ko Day aao....AAJ MERI GURIYA KEE SALGIRAH HAY!!!' and similiar for Nana Nani....and guess what? We DID sent it....the joys of marrying a graphic designer....my wife made the loveliest of cards and we sent it on the 12th so it reaches in time....I wanted to send it via our traditional post office....and not courier ....to bring out the DAAK BAAABU effect hehhe....

Then we had planned for birthday caps for everyone...they were these long pointed ones....

I also wanted to have CLOWN noses but couldnt manage to find any in time and neither could I get ping-pong balls to colour red....so that idea didnt work...it was only POINTED caps for everyone....including me & my wife...nana nani...5 mamoos....phupo and chachu....and of course Mahnoor herself....

Another special thing were the little CUP CAKES...yes there were cup cakes for everyone with their names on them....other than the birthday cake....

Looking STUPID? Hehehe....Well I ENJOY being the BABA...and thats 'my' CUP CAKE...so that everyone knows...heheh...

We decided to put Mahnoor to sleep during the afternoon so that she could wake up fresh for evening....BAD IDEA...!!! She woke cranky from the middle of her BEAUTY NAP and took a while before coming to a JOYFUL mood....she was looking a cutie....though...but in a CRANKY mood...when she woke up....

It took quite a while before she settled into a small chair and everybody around started singing the birthday jingle...that is when for the first time during the day, I think she realized that this is HER day...a confused look at every KNOWN face with Baba on the side....all singing and clapping...looking at her...and my pwincess realized....she needs to break the ICE and POSE a bit....and that was it....no more CRANKY...she started enjoying the whole THING that was happening....

There was a time in the middle where I thought maybe I should celebrate a birthday once in a few years also....like seriously...CHECK OUT THE GIFTS hehhehe....yes I found the kid in me and posed in front of my DAUGHTER's gifts...

I know its all pinks and girly colours...and they ARE my daughter's gifts but no harm in posing in front of them right? Heheh...

Dont mind looking stupid or kiddish on my baby's birthday....AT ALL...say whatever you want...

Finally, cake time and my baby knew exactly what she needed to do....

and so did I...slobbering cake all over her nose and cheeks....Please dont think she is a messy baby....its the antics of a MESSY BABA Here....We all enjoyed a well-made cake and I am glad the birthday girl liked the cake as well...Doesn't SHE LOOK A DARLING?? By the way this is the first time her pics are online...I was vary of NAZAR all this while...I still AM (TEESRA KALMA HERE EVERYONE...)

All in all...it was an eventful day...I haven't enjoyed a birthday like this for ages....the gifts were all well thought....from educational toys to make-noise toys to battery operated stuff to ....drawing boards, clothes what not....great gifts...I wont lie here....I was more excited than anyone...about the gifts....My wife all NAFAASAT begum...gently pulling off the wrappings while I and Mahnoor tearing off like JUNGLEES....its more fun that way?? Right...? heheh....

The day ended with tiredness from the excitement and activities...and also a bit of sadness for me...as the thoughts of my daughter now being a BIG GIRL...coming...1 year in a jiffy and soon the next ones would follow similarly....sigh...

It was a well-spent day...Alhumdulillah...May Allah grant my daughter all the happiness in the world....AAMEEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment