Pages

A FAST-friend's GET Together

It had been so long since some FAST friends had got together in one spot to enjoy a few laughs and memories...life is just so busy it seems. Anyway, I had decided on EID that there is going to be a get-together and its gonna be my place...and so it was...

With invitations sent out via email/sms...it was set 7th Jan 2007, 5:00pm Hi Tea...my place...

I havent got a big place at hand so was only able to invite 25 odd people. 20 were expected only 14 came. Anyway, it was enjoyable to see all of them at one place, hopefully they had a bit of change as well. Unfortunately, it wasnt really a catching-up-on-old-times event which I had imagined it to be. It was more of a whats-up-these-days event....and of course the occasional leg-pulling here and there...

My wife was at her best...with her hunter-beef sandwiches, cholas, brownie cake (yummy!) and the best coffee in the world. Some friends even had a second round of coffee...

The best part of the evening for me was seeing all of my friends grown up a bit...from the last time we met like this at my place....exactly 5 years back on 7th Jan 2002. The last 5 years changed us a lot...and it was showing... There were the same old crude jokes and the squeaky laughter that one of my friend is really famous for... but overall there was hint of maturity (finally) ...heheh...on everyone ....

We all have moved on in our lives...and though there is a definite missing of the old days some where...I think there is more happiness than sorrow and hopefully no regret...none for me at least....Alhumdulillah...

May we all be able to pursue our dreams, do things for our parents & siblings & family according to the teachings of Allah....and still be able to remain in touch...Aameen...

Tribute to all my friends....."Friends Forever"....Inshallah...

2 comments:

  1. So when is the next get together at UTP villa? 7 jan 200?
    btw u forgot to send out the 26th invitation:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. you never know...be on the lookout...will put it on facebook this time...so it will be easier to gather people...

    ReplyDelete