Pages

Life's a toughie!!

Its tough...and unexplainable ....its fluctuating...great at times...mellow and quiet at other moments...but its BUSY...thats one thing thats the same...BUSY!!

There are big time gaps in my posts...as I have just not have had time to do anything other than CRITICAL stuff...here is what I have been upto...

Firstly, WORK ...its great...Alhumdulillah....great team, great boss, great work environment...I have got onto learning about the Airline industry in a jiffy...with my colleagues conducting internal training sessions everyday....I get a big gulp of knowledge everyday and try to digest in the evening...not always possible...but I am trying...its a very interesting industry. Being in the Financial Systems & Procedures dept, I have access to all the business logic and experience I could ever need and hence there are no stoppages in the learning process. I can go up to pretty much anyone and ask what I want. I have never been an accounts/finance person and they all know that. So the stupidest of questions are answered with extreme patience....I am putting in more effort also to put it all together...and Alhumdulillah...I get more confident by the day...a formal training starts next week for 5 days...that should set me up in the role a bit more....lets see...what develops...

Secondly, ACCOMODATION...oh yeah the first big problem in the UAE these days...new place, new environment and the rates going sky high....its very difficult to find a decent place in reasonable rent....bachelors share rooms, studio apts etc...families look for individual studios or partitions in villas...I got great advice from people around me. I had asked for help from Allah from the day I left Karachi and it came a bit slow but when it came....it came in the disguise of angels from everywhere...can't thank The Lord enough....Anyway most people advised that I should concentrate on looking for something near my office in order to save myself from the agony of traffic...Al Rashidiya was the area suitable from every point of view...So there I went searching in a newspapers on Saturday (another recommendation from an old friend) and then also had looked on the Famous Emirates Intranet....calls made...places seen...nothing making sense...frankly speaking....I was on the verge of losing it...I went to Rashidiya directly from office on Sunday and Monday. I didnt know which bus to take and taxis are expensive so I walked...it was at least a 1 hour walk and when I reached there I was told I had come on the wrong way for at least 30 minutes...so a combination of taxi and another 40 minute walk got me INTO Rashidiya. Saw a place...too tacky and uncomfortable...then picked up more numbers from the grocery shop bulletin boards (another recommendation from friends here...) and then went back with no idea...what to do...

I decided I will not take a shared room any more and look for something independent. Bear the extra rent for 1 or 2 months and then bring family. An angel said...I buy mental peace with a few more bucks. It made sense. Later, I could even keep someone with me with my own preference for 2 months if I feel like it, until I am in a position to call family. That was another great advice. On Monday made some more calls and went again...this time in a bus which got me there in 15 minutes...and I laughed over my stupidity the other day...heheh...anyway after being dissapointed again I was 2 minutes from getting on the bus and going back home when I decided, I dont know why, that I will make one more call...and that was the one...SIGN OF GOD....I was waiting for...I liked the place...cosy and independent and at an OK rate as well....furnished with a little furniture too...moreover very near to the bus stop, shopping mall, restaurant, laundry, pharmacy, hospital, post office, bank, western union, park, mosque, you name it...all the facilities one could think of at a 2-5 minutes walk...Alhumdulillah...but what ifs started coming.... Anyway a second opinion is always better....so Allah sent his angel...for that....after lots of positive talk and discussion the DEAL was done....I move there on the 10th...Inshallah...

I have suddenly realized this is going to be a long post hehhe....anyway...

Thirdly, DUBAI....its an ok place....I dont hate it as yet...but havent really fallen in love with it either...miss my wife & kid a lot and just the thought of how tough it is for them...without me there...makes me think twice about everything...I want to enjoy life with them...alone is no longer what I like...I have met a lot of my friends around Dubai in some way or another...been to City Centre in Deira and Pak Ghazi Restaurant in Burjuman area...then have been around RASHIDIYA of course hehhe....the traffic is FAST to say the least...I have been walking to and from work for two days...its a 30-minute walk....its ok for now as the weather is fine...but it will all end when I move in Rashidiya since I will be taking a BUS...Its not a big city but its a city with BIG Buildings and BIG roads...so remembering them takes some time...Driving License and a car is a neccessity here as its costly to more around in taxis and inconvenient in jammed crowded buses...with petrol cheaper than ever...only the license is an issue as it takes some time to get it....otherwise....should be able to get the car soon after the license...other than that...its ok...

I will be doing my first independent laundry this weekend so already taking some directions from my wife via email...unfortunately I do not have external email access from work or the training residence so have not been able to check my yahoo, hotmail or gmail emails....so apologies if I havent replied to any mails...in the past week or so...hopefully nothing important....

Its a gradual process...I have to get an AC, a cupboard, iron & table, mattress & pillows, a laptop & internet connection, washing machine, fridge...etc etc...priority list has been made....step by step...bit by bit...the resident visa process continues in the background...but its more settled now...the mental tension for a living place is gone...Alhumdulillah....I had got an extension on the stay at the training residence also so I will utilize that until my training next week as the training area is very close to my current residence....I can move into the new place in Rashidiya after that...

So it was more about mental pressure than anything, I feel much relaxed now Alhumdulillah...short on sleep but still relaxed mentally...lots of prayers from myself and family back home...and guidance and advice from angels over here worked wonders for me...its all set to be built on now...Alhumdulillah...

This weekend, I ll get some things settled at the new place and get the keys....again Angels will help me vacuum and clean up the area....Its actually getting a bit embarassing now...I have always tried to help people out and never been in a taking help situation too much and he said but I am thinking of this as those good deeds coming back to me... send out prayers for everyone who has helped me here...

I will be trying to blog more regularly now...TRY is the word....rest only Allah knows...if will be able to or not...Salams and wishes to everyone who reads this....thank you for all your prayers...believe it or not THEY ARE WORKING....keep em coming....

No comments:

Post a Comment