Pages

Hum tou hain PARDES mein...

Hum tou hain...Pardes mein...Des mein Nikla hoga CHAAND...
Apni Raat kee CHHAT pay Kitna...Tanha hoga CHAAND...

Yup those are the feelings...the weekend was great, went to sharjah and stayed both chuti nights at a friend's place...watched movies and gup sessions...thursday night all but 3 of our batch mates in Dubai/Sharjah got together...a huge gathering...at a restaurant...it was fun...got to meet everyone...

Second weekend gone...and I have finally managed to meet pretty much everyone...I know...It will get a bit more routine and normal now...I think...training from tomorrow...and lots to look forward to in the coming week...

The plumbing work at the new place couldnt get over with so no safai and no buying of new stuff...but since I got the extension at my temporary accomodation, its not a real issue...I was planning to stay here anyway...but I need to go there everyday to put pressure to get things done quickly....Went to Rashidya today and off to the nearby mall to see what actually is available. It was quite amazing to say the least, every damn thing...even TV, DVD players and grocery and mattresses....one stop shopping it seemed...good to have something like that nearby...

The extra week gives me some time I think to get my advance salary which I had requested for....the delay in plumbing is actually a blessing in disguise...the residence visa has been stamped and I will collect it alongwith my staff id card on the 13th...then I can apply for my family's visa...do pray that it goes smoothly and quickly....

I can also now apply for a driving license and a bank account....driving licenses are tougher to get than before...they take 40 or thereabout driving lessons before you can actually sit for a test...and if you fail the next attempt takes another 6 lessons and a month...each class costs 40-45 AED...so its costly business....anyway everything is happening on its way...this should also...Inshallah...

My newly wed friend who I stayed with over the weekend is planning to buy a car and bring in his wife...we saw some cars today...it was tiring and like accomodation the prices are pretty high on the car end as well....well I shouldnt say high when compared to Karachi cos they are not....but high when it comes to the market that was 2 years back and how it is now....he plans to go for a leasing plan...lease rates are great here....new cars can be got on as low as 4.5% interest over 4 years...its quite cheap...second hand good condition cars depend on the brand but a civic is costing from anywhere between 27k to 35k depending on model and milage...Not thinking about that right now....there is enough going on...already...We just had a heart to heart talking budgets and sanity and I think it helped both of us...nobody else could get it as the situation in life is different for most of our friends...being bachelors...so the conversation helped...

Helped 2 friends move out of a home and shift in a new place as well learning the technicalities of it with shifting trucks and how to get things done etc....lots of happening things and trying to get involved with everything so that I get "HANDS-ON" experience to the full.....heheh...

Well its late and should go to sleep now, happening weekend but a tiring one as well...but just had to blog...hehehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment