Pages

Mixing in...

When I was coming to Dubai in fact way before that....when I was interviewed I was continously told to be weary about Indians....Its my nature that I dont accept anything until I go through it first...and there were stories by different friends and people I met beware of politics...office politics and you wont move up the corporate ladder....these Indians wouldnt let you and so much to say....here I say...PLEASE THINK AGAIN....

Look at yourself first and then comment on others...yes there might be religious boundaries which you cant cross but you can definitely extend an hand of friendship and just have a good attitude towards them...

I was interviewed by 2 Indians and then again by another in the second interview...I was suggested by people that I should forget about it...you wont get selected...interviews of others are just formalities...I proved them wrong...Allah had kept my RIZQ here so I am here....now I am in a dept which has all Indians including my boss...and I am the only Pakistani and I havent worked in a more congenial environment before...You can learn explore and perform....see I think the problem that we have is we have forgotten that our RIZQ has been written in our fates ....its not people or companies who provide us...with salaries...or bosses who promote us etc etc....its only ALLAH. Once you get in that frame of mind you look at everything differently...more positivity...

I am jumping ahead of myself but I have had no problems with my colleagues as yet....some may say its early days but I have been welcomed in the nicest possible way...Alhumdulillah...

Today, I was invited to a dept BBQ party...everybody was there with their families and kids....and it was a wonderful affair to say the least...there was food of course but there was CHANGE for everyone....families meeting each other...I took my time mixing in but they wouldnt let me be the loner one side...there were games played such as 'Dog & the BONe' and 'PITTOO GARAM'....it was funny at the beginning seeing all grown up people running around but after a while when I saw my boss run around and slip on the grass...it was me who was once again left aside... so I joined in leaving all of my weary brainwashing thoughts aside and enjoyed to the fullest...

I ve got great colleagues...who are taking time out to teach me and train me to the full...so at this moment in time, I dont agree with anyone who has tried to advise of being negative about Indians...its how you behave....you can keep your distance just like you do so with anybody really...and yet make good professional relationships...

After today, I can surely say...its a mixed world out there and you can set your objective straight and chase it also but dont have negative feelings about some nationality before even giving them a chance to welcome you....most of us dont even let the borders of friendship open up....how can we ever get to peace in this world?

So all those people who feel Indians have taken away their jobs...please think real...its Allah who provides for everyone....and if a promotion is there in your fate its gonna come...dont blame it on the Indians....I loved mixing in with office colleagues and their families and children....its nothing different really....all the same culture...mothers respected....bhabis around...children calling you uncle....and then the games....WOW!! It was a very healthy activity....was wishing I had my wife and kid around to boast in cuteness also heheh....but I guess there is still some time in that....

Anyway, just had to let this be on the blog...you ve got to respect to gain respect...you cant let different nationalities hinder your progress....just be honest with your job and let Allah provide...keep the FAITH!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well written article..I came to ur blog today and just can't stop reading all of them..

    ReplyDelete