Pages

You Only Have What you Give

I feel much honored to be tracking back another post from Darvish

Every post that I read from this guy, it makes me go closer to God. The way he thinks and writes and quotes, it just shows what a beautiful mind he has.

Today's trackback is another of those great ones. You only have what you give. He quotes Isabel Allende, who is a Chilean novelist. She shares with us her loss of her daughter and how it taught her the lesson of how giving is the best way of living.

That led me to a thought of how selfish we are in our lives. We always want things for ourselves and never give enough. This doesn't only apply to material things or money. It also applies to things like knowledge, love, etc. Why are we so selfish? What are those things worth anyway? They only increase in value, the more we share.

Think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind comments :) All that is good in my blog and my life come from God. Only the mistakes are mine.

    Ya Haqq!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the more knowledge we share, the more knowledge we gain, for almost every one we share it with can help us learn something new. Most people, however, seem to want to hold on to whatever little they know, for they think that once they've shared all they know with others, they'll become worthless, which is not true.

    ReplyDelete