Pages

Earth Hour 2009 Pictures

Somebody forwarded me this link from The Boston globe which contained pictures of some significant & famous locations which contributed to Earth Hour 2009. Where it is deemed as one of the most amazing joint movements by people, it was still taken with the same pointless criticism about such acts don't mean anything etc.

I  still think it did hit home to a few more people this year and such acts do make a difference. A difference is all that matters no matter how significant it is and I think everybody who got involved deserves credit.

Lets continue to the good work started and save energy everyday if possible. We spend electricity in many places where we can really avoid it. The summers are coming and its a good time to make a resolution to make that difference on an individual basis and when you spread the word, it becomes a group actvity leading to more significant gains.

4 comments:

  1. I think those big buildings alone made a big difference!

    Its a good initiative; hope it catches on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!
    You know I was dying to take pictures like those. But unfortunately, nothing of the sort happened in Karachi. Everyone I talked to couldn't see beyond load-shedding on that day. So I just took a picture of my residence lit with candles. I even wrote to the mayor to do something like that at a monument e.g. Quaid's mausoleum. MCB could have done that with their tower. Imagine if that had happened, a picture could have made it from karachi to those in that link. I know for sure that DAWN News did turn off lights for earth hour (thats what they said on tv). And just like every other story, the notorious GEO mis-interpreted it and misguided the people by associating earth hour with "bijli ka kum se kum istemaal" which was no where near the true objective

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were some real amazing shots. M amazed that such big places have contributed in this campaign. I hope our people get to learn something from this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets hope there is some electricity left to save come summers

    ReplyDelete