Pages

The Man Who made a Difference

Dear Sir,

This is to thank you for all your efforts of bringing me up when I needed most. Since the day I was born and you tried to name me Eid Mohammad or Eidu (considering I was born on Ramadan Eid) till the day that I last I saw you heading towards peace and tranquility underneath this tough world, you made a difference to my life in every possible way.

From teaching me how to walk, how to talk. By telling me what is wrong and what is right by showing. It was not about lecture when you were teaching it was more about practicals and real-life situations. Doing things from one's own hand. I owe you the biggest thing that you ever did which was get me on to a computer at the tender age of 6. I wrote my first piece of programming code when I was in Grade 2. From there on I had no fear of computers which I believe a lot of people did have until recently where the new generation has taken over. I am using the same strategy for my daughter as well who is progressing great Alhumdulillah with her own laptop as well.

What else can I say? You have and will always be by my side as I tread towards future goals and aspirations. I so want to share with you my success and my happiness. Try and thank you for all that you have done for me. I am fooling myself. I can do nothing that can ever come even close matching what you have done for me.

Grandpa, tussee great ho!!! [You are great]. Miss you.

Regards,

EIDU

--------------------------

Dear readers - It's been 12 years since my grandpa passed away and I can't help writing a post around end of each year. He was my mentor and I intend to be someone as straight-forward, truthful and honest as he was. If I reach even 1% of that, I think I would have done much well for this world.

You can read last year's post as well if interested. I must say that was much much more emotional than this one. Maybe I am maturing and have learned to cope with missing him so much.

4 comments:

  1. this one made me teary ada...I miss nana too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never have seen my grandpa'... as he died when my father wasn't even married...
    but I do have very fond memories of my Bay Jee... (grandma)...
    Even she was illeterate, but I remember she had such knowledge and theories which I render equivalent to the modern day psychology,philosphy and science...
    The knowledge learned through experience is harder to get but always pure and authoritative...

    ReplyDelete