Pages

All my world in a Raindrop

I have never been a fan of rains or the cold. I am more of a summery and sunshine guy but one can't avoid the other moods of the weather either. Everyone must have found one way or the other about the rains in UAE these last few days. The crazy rains and the floods. But this isn't a post about them.

Its more about what the long drives home these last few days led me to remember about the rain when I was a kid. As the rain poured onto my car windows I was able to see raindrops pouring down. Going back in time when I used to sit and see the rain on the car windows when mom was driving through it. How each raindrop had a world in itself. The colours would lead me to a chain of thoughts that I used to get as a kid seeing through them. The thought would last from the time the raindrop hit the window till the time it dripped down till the end of it. Then I would catch another thought in another raindrop from the top.

Each raindrop, a world of its own. In our daily lives, we come across a term called "dejavu". Has anybody wondered when could they have had the thought or caught a glimpse of a future happening which has come to them now as "dejavu". It couldn't be the recent past as you would have remembered otherwise. It had to be some time....way back. Maybe when we were kids?

I know nothing seems like it connects up there....but it does. It might not be raindrops for you, it may be a boring classroom lecture, or a dinner time with a non-favourite vegetable. Anything that led you to a chain of thoughts when you were kids and let to a "dejavu" now that you are a grown up.

All this life, each instance, each thing that happens is linked. You may realize it or not realize but everything that happens has an effect. The cause and effect rule applies to every-body's lives. It becomes interesting when you actually start looking through it.

4 comments:

  1. I think the word u looking for is "nostalgia"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rightly said! Everything happens for a purpose, we just need to understand that purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @newbie - nopes...dejavu...ever realized how a dejavu would occur....we dream all the time...thoughts....in those unconcious thoughts we see the future also...thats the only way we could have dejavu....
    @ghazal - adi...welcome back...

    ReplyDelete