Pages

Fatherhood - Such a Blessing

Being a father is one of the great blessings that a guy could ever have in this life. Its not only about having a cute daughter/son as a baby to cuddle but also the acceptance of a much much bigger responsibility than running a household. The guy is not only the bread yearner now but also someone to look upto. A guide, Superman, the person who has all the answers, the protector and what not. I remember me missing my dad all my life as he was usually away sailing. A tough life no doubt as a Mariner but that can't stop the son for not missing him.

I on the other hand am available and plan to be there all my life for my family. All my plans have to revolve around me being around whenever required. After all, no matter how much you work or earn, who is it for? If your answer is myself then there is no use reading on. This is written on a different frequency. You have to give up your own likings, desires when you get married. I would rather spend a few good hours with my family than spend it with friends. Of course, not all will understand until someone actually is at the same status in life as me. I wait for that dreaded clock hand to strike 5:30pm and I could wind up and go home to the best smile in the world. Its a great feeling to go home, say 'Assalam-o-alaikum...' out aloud and see your little kid turn around and smile in recognition of "BABA's" voice...wow...what a feeling...

Its a great feeling and I am definitely blessed. All you guys out there, who wish for having some worth in your life.... get married and have children and from then live for them... ITS WORTH IT ALL!!!

Alhumdulillah for this blessing God... let me be fair and do justice to this very very responsible role in life... AAMEEN...

1 comment:

  1. Waaaah baba jee!
    After reading this, cant wait myself :P

    ReplyDelete