Pages

Making Peace with the Reality

A recent loss of life, the son of a friend disturbed me to the pits. He was 28, had been suffering from depression and eventually couldn't deal with it anymore. I am reluctant even get into what happened but it was mighty disturbing and had me by the hooks mentally and emotionally for the last few days.

How can somebody be so fed up? How can somebody be ready to give up? How can somebody else not see it, avoid it, stop it?

I can't wonder what the family would be going through when I as a bystander am so disturbed. I look at my kids, what could ever lead them to such a situation? What can I do now and keep doing to not let it reach there? Psychological diseases are difficult tackle, its not something you can just cure with a few pills. There is more to it, and definitely requires more patience. If it prolongs for too long, then it just becomes a reality one has to make peace with. But then, in that situation you make peace with something which actually needs more attention and continuous close monitoring.

Just had to write this one out to get this out of my system. Pray for the departed soul and for the family. Difficult times, these are whether we look with the macro lens or the micro lens. Our society is headed towards the end, I keep feeling this. We have just got it all so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment