Pages

As Dead as the Dead Sea

As part of the project I am on, I have been lucky to scream "Frankfurt Helau!!!" and been to the "Land of the Pharoah". Last month I visited Amman, Jordan, the land of Petra and the Dead Sea and not to mention the Baptism Site and the bother with Jerusalem.

Interesting place but quite boring to be honest for me. The project implementation went smooth but I am not going to talk about that. Lets talk about the only place I could go which was the Dead Sea.

The Dead Sea is a site where one should visit once in his life. I am not saying at least once cos that's your choice but visit once. It is a sight. They say its the lowest place on earth and the water is as dead as can be. No waves, lots of salt and full with minerals.

That's what people come here for. Seeing is believing.



This is what you can do in the Dead Sea. Just hang around. Float around. Amazing isn't it. It is so salty that you don't sink you just keep floating.

I didn't go into the water and do that but I saw others. Its true. Lots of women were putting on mud from the dead sea on their skins and faces and legs and it was like quite crazy but apparently that is what is famous for. I brought some of the mud back home, imagine.

The funny thing I noticed was the greetings. Men kiss men and ladies shake hands. Isn't that strange, well that's what middle east is all about. I saw men kissing cheeks and rubbing noses. In other part of the world you would need a parade to support that.

All in all its a hilly city, all built on a slope and roundabouts. The feedback from people was that people somehow live like millionaires with nothing in their pockets. It was quite strange to know that most people are living on credit card debts and living their lives around it. A strange way to live which certainly I can't live like.

Another tick on the passport. Nice calm, cosy place.

1 comment:

  1. hehe yes dude I have been looking at that bag of mud from the Dead Sea wondering WHEN i'll find time to indulge in a leisurely spa style mud pack treatment.. in the next janam hopefully :P

    OR maybe once you're back home you can mind the girls while I take a little vacation to the dead sea and back! we dont want the bath tub drains clogging up on us here do we?!

    ReplyDelete