Pages

La Makan Mein Ghar - Part Two

OK after quite a gap from La Makan Mein Ghar - Part One...here is another verse from it...

Aap tou buth bun kay kee...jalwa-garri....

Aur hamein...kafir banaya....yaar nay....

Translation/Explanation:

The poet is complaining and addressing the 'mehboob' (love) here that you yourself became something like a statue, a holy statue to be more specific and spread the good word of religion or good deeds in life. But when I, started worshipping you I became a villain. A kafir is a word used for non-believers in One God or non-Muslims. Kafirs worship idols and statues and that's where this theory comes from.

UTP’s Two Cents on the Thought

An interesting mention is the beautiful use of buth or statue in this verse. The mehboob has been called a statue in many ways in poetry because of the arrogance and ignoring attitude associated with it. No matter how much the lover worships, talks and basically lives his whole life for that statue....treats her like God, the statue remains silent and pays no attention. So, in this verse, brings that point out that you can be a statue and still be Holy etc and when I put my soul to rest and live only for u...I am called a Kafir since its idol worship. How unfair is that?

2 comments:

  1. I like it that way...I love my theme...currently...Its actually grey...

    ReplyDelete