Pages

My BIRTHDAY blog

2nd August 1981....A person was downloaded from heaven...he was named Umar Tariq Pirzada...It wasn't going to be that...if my Grandpa had had his way...it would ve been........umm......wait....lemme tell the background...

Starting over again...2nd August 1981...it was not just an ordinary Sunday it was also...1st SHAWWAL of the Islamic Calendar....yes people Umar Tariq Pirzada was born on RAMADAN EID!!! The night before EID...CHAND RAAT my mom wore bangles and had a normal CHAND RAAT as everyone...and I wasn't expected for another few weeks...I was just in too much of a rush I guess to download on EID....!! My Grandpa wanted to name me....EID MOHAMMAD or EIDU!!! Lucky me...my father looked at me as a Darwesh SON and was also a Big fan of Hazrat Umar (RA). I was named after the great Caliph...Alhumdulillah...

Today 25 years later....I have a good SILVER JUBILEE under my belt...an important milestone to sit and relax and look back on a well lived life Alhumdulillah....lots of faults, defects, but hey....nobody can speak about perfection...

Without making this a LONG LONG BLOG...I would just like to thank the people who remember this day and wish me every year...its just amazing ....I know I am not a good person when it comes to remembering and even if remembering, not good at wishing...people...but all you guys are amazing...its a tough tough job....

I have always wanted one thing when I talk about doing anything and that is 'Making A Difference...' Whenever I meet someone, talk to someone, listen to someone....my objective is to make a difference....and that works well towards building relationships and friends...

Today all the people who remembered me....made a big difference for me in an otherwise....ordinary wednesday....another 2nd August....THANK YOU ALL....

Do pray for me and family whenever I am remembered....I hope no one keeps any negativity about me cos that would disturb me....Whenever I am remembered, I want to be remembered as a good guy...who made a difference....

No comments:

Post a Comment