Pages

Cookin' Nanta!!!

Okay I saved this post right till the my last day in Korea. Now publishing this from the airport on my way back. As I had promised in my last post on my trip to Korea that I am going to dedicate a separate post on Nanta, well folks here it is. Cookin' Nanta was probably one of my best experiences ever.

Nanta stands for making sounds with kitchen utensils. Cookin' Nanta is probably one of the best selling shows in the world and it apparently originated from Korea. So when I was coming here for, I read on multiple websites that even if you don't get to see anything else, I should see this at least.

With a personal recommendation from my wife,  I had to make it a point to watch it no matter what. Where I got to enjoy other stuff as well but this was the best. Its a combination of Comedy, Vegetables flying around, Dancing, Music, Kung Fu and yes sounds from kitchen utensils like pots and pans and knifes chopping etc. Very funny. I don't think I have laughed this much in ages. I almost fell over the seat in the middle. It was simply hilarious. Head aching laughing, with no stopping.

They usually make different stories out of it to make it interesting every next time. The one we watched was where the head chef and his 2 assistants had to prepare a meal for a wedding in about 90 minutes. The manager's nephew joins in who has no idea about cooking or anything. So it becomes interesting as they teach him and prepare the stuff at the same time.



I would have been very content just watching the show but as luck would have it, I got involved on the act itself. They had a session in the middle where they had a game where 4 audience members made cakes and rolled them down to stack 'em while the rest of the audience counts how many done. Red team of 2 people vs Blue team of 2 people. I was red team.

So, I don't know what it was that the actors wanted me on stage along with 3 people. It was probably because I was laughing so loud, much louder than the others. 2 Korean girls and 1 boy from the probably the subcontinent as well made the 4-member audience participating people.

So we made music, made cakes, and we made the crowd clapping and counting. What an experience? With the cooking chef hat on my head. I felt sheepishly embarrassed at the beginning. I mean come on. Different country, nobody knows me. But amazingly, the music and the fun of it got me in it and I forgot where I was in a little while. I enjoyed and didn't want to stop at the end.

The best thing was there were no language barriers. They didn't need to speak. The whole act was based on just actions, expressions and the common language of comedy which everybody understands. I think that is the success factor of this show.


This is one of the best shows that you could see. Its now going around the world, very popular all around. I am sure you can find it in a city near you. It is a must see at least once before you die.

Sharing a video above and one below. You can probably search more on YouTube as well. But you wont enjoy like I did cos when its live, its happening in front of you. They will crack you up and then you can't stop.

1 comment:

  1. looks pretty interesting but the live experience must've been great. When are you uploading the red team video?

    ReplyDelete