Pages

Falling feels like Flying

I had a good weekend this last one. Enjoyed a great movie. Crazy Heart. The one that fetched Jeff Bridges his Oscar. The title is from one of the songs from the movie which Jeff Bridges performed.

The story is about Otis 'BAD' Blake, an alcoholic country singer on the other end of his career. Creative genius who can write songs like anything but the drink is killing him and his career, whatever is left of it. Its a fight between his ego and his drink to come through and become the sober person that the world needed. Some great country music

Country music is more about meaningful lyrics and every song is like a story. I have loved country music since I heard some gospels and then the modern form from Shania Twain and Carrie Underwood. But this movie brought me closer to the true country music.

Its a movie about the human spirit being able to do anything it wants to do only if it wants it that bad. All one needs is inspiration and then everything's possible. So that's what we all need, find the drive and the possibilities are endless.

Crazy Heart - The harder the life, the sweeter the song...Beautiful.

Leave you with my favorite song from the movie...



I was goin’ where I shouldn’t go
seein’ who I shouldn’t see
doin’ what I shouldn’t do
and bein’ who I shouldn’t be

a little voice told me it’s all wrong
another voice told me it’s alright
I used to think I was strong
but lately I just lost the fight

funny how fallin’ feels like flyin’
for a little while
funny how fallin’ feels like flyin’
for a little while

I got tired of bein’ good
started missing that old feeling free
stop actin’ like I thought I should
and went on back to bein’ me

I never meant to hurt no one
I just had to have my way
if there is such a thing as too much fun
this must be the price you pay

funny how fallin’ feels like flyin’
for a little while
funny how fallin’ feels like flyin’
for a little while

you never see it comin’ till it’s gone
it all happens for a reason
even when it’s wrong
especially when it’s wrong

funny how fallin’ feels like flyin’
for a little while
funny how fallin’ feels like flyin’
for a little while

I was goin’ where I shouldn’t go
seein’ who I shouldn’t see
doin’ what I shouldn’t do
and bein’ who I shouldn’t be


4 comments:

  1. Shania Twain is way better than taylor swift when it comes to country music.;::

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous song indeed!

    another favourite falling and flying bit comes from Toy Story! miffed woody telling Buzz "It wasnt flying, just falling in style!"

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she can really make great music and oh by the way Shania Twain is also very beautiful with perfectly sculpted teeth~~;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shania Twain for me is the best country music singer of all times, I also like Taylor Swift but nothing will beat Shania Twain `,:

    ReplyDelete