Pages

UTP - Revamped

Peekaboo!!! I see you...

I am back yes. After quite a longer time than planned. I had left you with one of the best posts I have ever thought off and I see that my feed-readers have gone up instead of going down. Quite a pleasant surprise to say the least while coming back online.

4 months is a long time to be away from blogging and I just couldn't find that spark to sit on and drive me back to blogging. Not that I have anything now either as you can see with my long-winded method of writing continues :P.

However, lot has happened in these 4 months. Its been a happening few months to say the least.

Lots of good things have happened. I passed my CISA exam which I had taken the break for originally. So gave the exam and got the results in all of this time of absence. Currently am in the process of getting certified.

I got promoted. Yes, the long awaited promotion came through. That was a big motivational boost in these tough times.

On the other side of things, I got a new look. Off goes the beard and in comes the shiny clean-shaved UTP. Most people say I have shed off a few years which wasn't exactly the idea as that was what the beard was there for in the first place. Anyway, trying to live without a beard for a little while. It takes the effort to shave in the mornings where UTP is as lazy as can be but lets see how long this lasts.

Change is never bad, I feel. Of course with the revamping of the look I needed a pair of sunglasses to go with it :P. Never been a big fan of them ever really. None of them suit my face but anyway, got a pair which I only wear while driving. Got a nice blue-tooth headset to link with my phone as well.

Added to that I got trained on Oracle Financials and Sharepoint Administration. Big boost to the resume considering I will get the opportunity in the upcoming year to implement and use that as well in a global project for the company.

So lots of good things to share and many upcoming as well. All good for now, knock wood (teesra kalma goes here plz...)

So with all that happening how can I just start blogging on the same theme. This blog needed a revamp as well and so you have it. A new theme to go with a new beginning. I can't promise being as regular as you would expect but hey its better than nothing.

Expression of feelings & thoughts through blogging is a very important element of life for me. So, a post here and a thought there, that is how its going to be. See you around.

10 comments:

  1. MashAllah...it's pleasant to see u back, blogging and more than that to read your about your accomplishments :) I like you have "Gone Green" with you new theme :D

    SharePoint is being extensively used for a lot of things these days and when till around a year back I was following all things SharePoint(before I became lazy :P) I saw a lot of demand for it in MiddleEast. If the demand is still the same or has (hopefully) grown then you surely will get to shine out InshAllah. Plz don't forget to courier me a litre of ice cream when u do :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @fariha - Green is the word...or was that grease... Green symbolizes Pakistan, Islam and then this new drive of save the environment. I had nothing to do with the theme.

    mayG found it for me :) but yes I am good building a story around it...

    I ll be focusing more on Oracle Financials than Sharepoint but there is no harm in knowing more right...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so many changes. Seems like a good start to the... er... what just started? it wasn't a new year... new fiscal year, maybe? err..

    Well whatever it is, Congratulations on the promotion and the difficult sounding things you've accomplished or programmed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @UTP: Good to know your achievements (CISA, cell phone, oracle financial and sharepoint administrator.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your revamped blog. Please don't put ads on text.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back! and great new look of the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, life goes on.

    Nice colour scheme, BTW. Very soothing to the eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete